Access to the Museum
Undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in anatomy and/or pathology courses have access to the museum via their student cards. Access times are between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Tours of the museum are available to secondary students enrolled in relevant VCE subjects, health professionals and to external tertiary institutions.
The museum is not open to the public other than on the University’s annual Open Day, held in August, and several other museum open days throughout the year. Check the Museum Facebook page for events and updates.
Enrolled anatomy and pathology students experiencing difficulty accessing the HBA Museum should submit a request form.
Student Access Request Form
Other students in relevant disciplines may apply for casual access via the museum curator. This is usually granted to students who have a legitimate study-related purpose for visiting the museum.
Volunteering & Research
Volunteer and various research project opportunities are available through the Harry Brookes Allen Museum. If you are interested in working on a volunteer project with these collections, please contact the Curator or view current opportunities on the Cultural Collections Projects Program website. Published research and student reports are available on our Publications page.
The following are available to artist and students interested in the exploring the connection between art and the human body:
Rules of Entry
- Students of anatomy and/or pathology ONLY have regular access to this facility
- No unauthorised access
- Casual access may be available to eligible visitors by appointment only (telephone 8344 5750 or email the curator)
- Do not give access to others with your swipe card
- Return all plastinated specimens, osteology specimens, potted specimens, models and laser pointers to their original locations after use
- No photography or filming of any kind
- Please take your rubbish with you when you leave
For further information on the museum, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Collection is not open to the general public. Swipe card access is provided to students enrolled in Anatomy and/or Pathology.
Monday to Friday
8.30am to 5.30pm
Closed Saturdays and Sundays