The museum is not open to the public other than on the University’s annual Open Day, held in August.
Swipe card access is provided to University of Melbourne students enrolled in the following subjects:
|ANAT20006||MEDS90001 (Year 1 to 4)|
|BIOM20002||PHYT90096 (Year 1 to 3)|
Enrolled anatomy and pathology students experiencing difficulty accessing the Harry Brookes Allen Museum, and other students in relevant disciplines who want to apply for casual access should email MDHSemail@example.com.
Other students in relevant disciplines may apply for casual access via the museum curator. This is usually granted to students who have a legitimate study-related purpose for visiting the museum.
Tours of the Harry Brookes Allen Museum are available for biomedical professionals, students, and other relevant groups. We offer guided tours, or unaccompanied access to the museum.
|Booking||Capacity||Duration||Cost (inc. GST)|
|Tour with guide||25 visitors||Approx. 1 hour||$200.00|
|Access (no guide)||25 visitors||Approx. 1 hour||$95.00|
For all tour and student access enquiries, please contact the museum at MDHSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules of Entry
- Only students of anatomy and/or pathology subjects have regular access to this facility
- No unauthorised access
- Casual access may be available to eligible visitors by appointment only (telephone 8344 5750 or email the curator)
- Do not give access to others with your swipe card
- Return all plastinated specimens, osteology specimens, potted specimens, models and laser pointers to their original locations after use
- No photography or filming of any kind
- Please take your rubbish with you when you leave
For further information on the museum, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.