The museum is not open to the public other than on the University’s annual Open Day, held in August. Visits may be arranged for biological and medical professionals, researchers and students, at the discretion of the curator.
Swipe card access is provided to University of Melbourne students enrolled in the following subjects:
MEDS90001 (Year 1 to 4)
PHYT90096 (Year 1 to 3)
Enrolled anatomy and pathology students experiencing difficulty accessing the Harry Brookes Allen Museum, and other students in relevant disciplines who want to apply for casual access should email MDHSemail@example.com.
Tours of the Harry Brookes Allen Museum are available for biological and medical professionals, researchers and students, and other relevant groups. We offer guided tours, or unaccompanied access to the museum.
|Booking||Capacity||Duration||Cost (inc. GST)|
|Tour with guide||25 visitors||Approx. 1 hour||$200.00|
|Access (no guide)||25 visitors||Approx. 1 hour||$95.00|
For all tour and student access inquiries, please contact the museum at MDHSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules of Entry
- Only students of anatomy and/or pathology subjects have regular access to this facility
- No unauthorised access
- Casual access may be available to eligible visitors by appointment only (telephone 8344 5750 or email the curator)
- Do not give access to others with your swipe card
- Return all plastinated specimens, osteology specimens, potted specimens, and models to their original locations after use
- No photography or filming of any kind
- Please take your rubbish with you when you leave
For further information on the museum, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.